Monday, October 13, 2014

Shut down by The Walking Dead lol

As you may know I live in Miami Beach, which is just across from Miami. First 48 is filmed here, and since they never have repeat episodes you can imagine what watching the news is like here. 
I rarely watch the News. In my opinion it is full of scare tactics, and there is never anything good reported. The world is not 100% evil, but unfortunately bad things boost ratings. 
Anytime I watch the news my desire grows to move up North and own at least 5 acres of land where I can grow my own food and be pretty much to myself. 
Moving to Georgia has been a ongoing debate in our house for about 2 years now (Although Miami Beach is growing on me). So, I thought with the Ebola out breaks, and the recent shootings in Miami that it's a good time to bring it up again. I started with the facts: Crime rates, Property cost, Ability to grow our own organic food, and I ended with the Ebola scare, and how the CDC is in Atlanta so if it became a epidemic wouldn't he want to be close to a possible cure. My husband turns to me and smiles (I should have known this was not a good sign), and says "Yes, the CDC is in Atlanta, but that isn't necessarily a good thing. Don't forget what happen in The Walking Dead."
I had to laugh. Ok, he won this one lol. 

No comments:

Post a Comment